SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NLC from JohnO'Groats

Nice work Stewart... Ideal location :)

How are you finding the performance of the MkIII v MkII for this work?

Peter...

On the couple of times I've been out with it I've found little difference in image quality at lower iso settings,ie 800-1600,however the higher you go the better the MK3 performs over the MKII.Did a bit of hand held shots at iso 104,000 just for the hell of it.Very noisy but then they would be,hardly any signal.I will try it out at the higher iso settings when the skies get proper dark,more out of curiosity than anything else but I can only invisage good things.Its a gem of a camera and so comfortable to use but I think it will be better balanced when I get that f2.8 lens on it. ;-)

Other than the call of a few seabirds and the waves on the rocks there was not a sound to be heard.Peace,perfect peace.

Fantastic images that wet the appetite for the darker nights that will soon return to the far north of the UK. It was indeed very peaceful in John O'Groats, in contrast to the "brisk" breeze encountered on the headland.

Fantastic images that wet the appetite for the darker nights that will soon return to the far north of the UK. It was indeed very peaceful in John O'Groats, in contrast to the "brisk" breeze encountered on the headland.

It was a bit breezy on the headland right enough.at least it wasn't cold.

Archived