Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bino choice

UHF

I sold most of my gear at the end of the last winter as i decides that stevenage was way too polluted for any decent observing but i occasionally find myself in far flung places with work now and thought about getting some bins.

I remember the nice views i had through my 50x8 finder and enjoy wide angle views so wondered what the best options were for under 200? I went looking for an ED monocular but founs them to be more tham the equivelent bino, confused.

Many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I looked at that earlier thanks and found that the ones recommended were not available at flo. Might go for thr barr and stroud savannah roof prism 10x50 ED. Nice and light weight as there arent any decent porro prisms listed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have a pair of Nikon Action EX 10x50s (porro prisms) with a stated field of 6.5 degrees which I use. They have the facility to be tripod mounted if this is necessary for you. In my view they represent very good quality for the money - I think I paid around £125. Worth a look if you can get hold of a pair to try.

Archived