SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from London

Tim64

Hi all

I am new to this forum and I will be pestering you all for answers to some real stupid questions knowing me, so get ready to hold your head :laugh: .

I got into astronomy back in 1969 when I stole my dads binoculars and looked through the bedroom window hoping to see Mr Armstrong doing his stuff and when I could not see him I asked myself "why"."why cant I see the men on the moon and why is the moon so full of holes?"well I was only 5 and the binoculars were stolen hehehe. Now I ask "why" with a meade lx200gps 10", a vixen a80m and a bunch of imaging camera's, 20x80 bins (not stolen) and far to many filters and other bit's n bob's.

Anyway Hello again and its good to be here.

Tim.

Welcome Tim, don't worry about asking "stupid" questions, eveyone here has had to start somewhere, and it's often said on here that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

Best wishes and clear skies :smiley:

Jason

Hi, Tim, and welcome to SGL! The 'stupid' or 'obvious' questions on here are the ones that often lead to the most intriguing answers! (It's only when people ask 'What is the best eyepiece?' that war breaks out!!).

Martin

Welcome....

I remember collecting all the newspapers at the time, and I think Esso were doing one of those medallion collections with a space theme.

Great times to remember.

Welcome to the forum, I am new myself, I also had the ESSO set of medalions (The space edition and also the 1970 World cup winners) LOL

Thanks for the welcome all, good to be here and btw I still have a set of tetly tea spce race cards in the book somewhere, remember them hehehe, I dont, before my time ;)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

Archived