Ceph and Cass

NGC7000 North America Nebula in Ha

tferrari

This is my first time with 30 minute exposures. I had some guiding issues so the stars are a little bit elongated.

Comments and critiques are highly appreciated!

----

3x1800s lights (light polluted, below average seeing)

5x1800s darks

No bias frames

No flat frames

Telescope: William Optics GTF-81 (81 mm f/5.9 5-element APO)

Mount: NEQ6 Pro

Guiding: Orion Magnificent Mini Autoguider (EQMOD pulseguide)

Camera: ATIK 383L+ mono (-20C)

Filter Wheel: ATIK EFW2

Filter: Astrodon 3nm Ha, Hutech ID 2" LPS-P2 light pollution filter

Acquisition Software: Sequence Generator Pro

Post-Processing Software: PixInsight

b1221600-bbf9-41c8-bf58-0ac4f8c8879e.png

• Like 5

Well done tferrari, that is excellent. i am surprised that it has come out so well considering you did not take any flats. Stars do not look too bad

Thank you :) I have a pretty nice setup for taking flats but I really don't know if I'm even going to use it. I feel that they really don't make much of a practical difference. Perhaps as I get more dust in my system, I'll need it.

That's great and ANOTHER great advert for the 3nm Astrodon :rolleyes: , all this needs is some more imaging time on it to bring the noise down.

Perhaps I'll have to take a few more exposures when the rain stops, heh heh. In the mean time, if anyone has any specific strategies for noise reduction in this particular situation, I would love to hear them. I'm finding that the noise in the darkest parts of the image are very difficult to deal with in Pixinsight. I don't know what to do.