Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I recently had a custom adapter made by John at JTech Designs.

It was a step down and spacer ring with exactly the right dimensions and screw threads to go between the M62 thread on the Skywatcher Esprit 150 flattener and the Atik 11000, to give the crucial 100mm spacing that is required.

The adapter arrived today, and the quality is superb, nicely anodised, a knurled ring to enable easy removal, and exactly what I had requested, at a very reasonable price. The threads were clean and went easily onto and into the required fittings.

All in all I am very pleased with the quality and workmanship, and would heartily recommend John at JTech Designs for custom parts that need to be just that little bit special.

Tim

• 1 year later...

I recently specified a custom tube for a Takahashi refractor with JTech Design, having seen a thread on here. Well, it arrived today and I’m very impressed. Its beautifully engineered with an anodised finish, with a front thread to take 2" filter and two locking knobs at the rear (camera) end, all for a price which beats the official Tak components and it is better made. John at JTech communicated well by email all the way through the production process, thoroughly recommended.

• 1 year later...

Yet again John from Jtechdesign has delivered.

Due to several glasses of wine and a "cunning plan" that really wasn't that cunning I ended up with 2 Tak FS60's. Rather than sell it on I commissioned John to machine out a finder cage that would fit to my Starlight instruments finder foot so the little Tak could be fitted to my focuser.

Third time John has carried out some bespoke work for me and I find the standard of his work excellent (Ask FLO as he does work for them). Highly recommended and for a one off service I find his costings excellent .

2016-11-13 05.28.54.jpg

Archived