Large Order

Naemeth

Good luck and clear skies with the new eyepieces. There is not a great deal between the 6mm Delos and the zoom at the 6mm setting and you should get on well with it, though I don't use mine as much as I thought I would. I still find myself reaching for the Delos's first but that could just be because I have them.

Alan.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my measly little order this morning, it looked pristine as new, thanks Jonathan for pointing me to that add, another nice BST 25mm to add to the collection :D. Now all that needs to happen is for there to be a clear night.

For a minute there, you made me cringe, man! If you require any info on Delos eyepieces, Shaun (Pig) is your man - I wonder if he can see this post. :D

I was reading it, but staying true to form ,I fell asleep and have just woken up :grin:

They've arrived, the 25mm TV Plossl and 3-6mm Nagler Zoom :D. I'm seriously going to either need another case or get a new one, I had to take out my TAL Barlow, fortunately I never use it ;).

That's a nice collection of eyewear :). Be prepared for those extra trips up and down the stairs you were talking about . You are going to need to some sort of crane to get it all out of the flat in one go one of these days if you get a big Dob as well. :D

Cool stuff, mate! You must be a giddy bunny now :D

I am indeed. First Light may be possible tomorrow night :).

That's a nice collection of eyewear :). Be prepared for those extra trips up and down the stairs you were talking about . You are going to need to some sort of crane to get it all out of the flat in one go one of these days if you get a big Dob as well. :D

The big dob is on hold for now, while I plan. I need something that's easy to manoeuvre ;). These two eyepieces won't add any extra trips fortunately - that's the advantage of one case!

That's looking good :laugh: I had to buy a bigger one, I didn't want to have to carry 2 :grin:

2 eyepiece cases for a night sounds a little excessive. Mind you, with all the eyepieces I'm thinking about I'll probably need 3/4 cases :D.

I am indeed. First Light may be possible tomorrow night :).

The big dob is on hold for now, while I plan. I need something that's easy to manoeuvre ;). These two eyepieces won't add any extra trips fortunately - that's the advantage of one case!

2 eyepiece cases for a night sounds a little excessive. Mind you, with all the eyepieces I'm thinking about I'll probably need 3/4 cases :D.

I would not worry about the number of eyepieces until you pack up for the night, and realise that all you were doing was changing eyepieces, and as a result are still stuck at the same Messier count before you started the session :D

I would not worry about the number of eyepieces until you pack up for the night, and realise that all you were doing was changing eyepieces, and as a result are still stuck at the same Messier count before you started the session :D

I've been stuck at the same Messier count for a while now. All my latest sessions out have literally been sweeping the skies. I'm really loving wide-field observing, and I may even add an even shorter 'frac fpr the purpose (maybe the TV 60? 360mm Focal Length :D)

Archived