Large Order

Naemeth

Hello everyone :).

I've just ordered myself some more eyepieces, hopefully this should be it for quite a while. In the post are:

3-6mm TV Nagler Zoom

25mm TV Plossl

9mm Vixen LV

12mm Vixen LV

I couldn't find any 2nd hand, so I decided to get them all new. I had to search around surplus stock to find new LVs though ;).

Please don't recommend any other eyepieces, I've already got enough.... for the moment at least :rolleyes::evil:.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your gonna love that zoom...

I hope so too - that's why I bought it :D.

wow judging by your signature you will have lots of eyepieces!!!

im waiting for 3 es 100 degree ep's and a barlow to clear customs and knowing my luck it will take 2 weeks :(

It will be 17 when these arrive :rolleyes: , if I don't sell any I'm going to need a new case :evil: ...

I am seriously thinking about getting the same zoom instead of the 6mm Delos. :smiley:

Go for it, do remember the eye relief is quite a lot shorter for the zoom than the Delos (10mm vs 20mm). The magnification on your 9.25" may be a bit high, but good for lunar and double star work (especially as you have a driven mount!) :).

wow judging by your signature you will have lots of eyepieces!!!

im waiting for 3 es 100 degree ep's and a barlow to clear customs and knowing my luck it will take 2 weeks :(

Which ones did you order? I just got the 14mm and I love it. It does take a bit of getting used to looking around the eyepiece to take it all in but you really do take in a in a lot of stars.

Interesting selection of eyepieces - I'm slightly surprised you could find the LV's being sold new now so well done for ferreting some out.

I've owned a couple of the Nagler 3-6 zooms. They are great eyepieces, no doubt about it :smiley:

Interesting selection of eyepieces - I'm slightly surprised you could find the LV's being sold new now so well done for ferreting some out.

I've owned a couple of the Nagler 3-6 zooms. They are great eyepieces, no doubt about it :smiley:

I am surprised too, but there seem to be quite a few sites that still sell them - I guess they aren't that popular, and that people either go for the cheaper eyepieces or go to TV plossls for about the same price.

Which ones did you order? I just got the 14mm and I love it. It does take a bit of getting used to looking around the eyepiece to take it all in but you really do take in a in a lot of stars.

the 20mm,14mm and 9mm and the 2x focal extender.will get the 5.5mm too when it comes out later in the year.also got a paracorr.off season is always expensive.

17 eyepieces?????jesus thats being prepared!

the 20mm,14mm and 9mm and the 2x focal extender.will get the 5.5mm too when it comes out later in the year.also got a paracorr.off season is always expensive.

17 eyepieces?????jesus thats being prepared!

:)

Well, I do find that I use the whole range. I've noticed, in the Heritage at least, that the seeing dictates that I need a 9mm eyepiece, as 8mm and 7mm can sometimes not quite be as sharp as I would want. The 2.5mm is there really for special occasions (when conditions are right) and for double stars, the zoom fulfills the ability to quickly change magnifications based on seeing. Sometimes, I prefer the eye relief of the 7mm than the 8mm TV plossl, and other times the eye relief doesn't really matter to me. Further up the focal lengths, I feel 12 will be a nice eyepiece for close-up views of DSOs (2mm exit pupil in main scope), the 15mm and 20mm both provide great views for when I want the sky that bit darker with my main scope. The 25mm is really for when my eyes aren't dark adapted enough for my 32mm TV plossl, and serves as a better finder eyepiece than the 32mm is in the Heritage. The 32mm is a 5.33mm exit pupil in the F/6, and the 25mm is a 5mm exit pupil in the F/5. So I've really got those two so I have a choice (incidentally, the 20mm is a perfect finder eyepiece in an F/4 scope!).

You are going to need a trailer soon. Wait when you go to a star party and you first get you eyepieces out and people will be ogling your kit and go wow :D, and then see the small dob alongside and they go :(

You know what is missing, the big DOOOOB :D

You are going to need a trailer soon. Wait when you go to a star party and you first get you eyepieces out and people will be ogling your kit and go wow biggrin.gif, and then see the small dob alongside and they go frown.gif

You know what is missing, the big DOOOOB biggrin.gif

The trouble is, he'd have to sell the eyepieces to fund the Dob :D

You're almost as bad as me :p.

Where did you end up buying it from?

Its not our fault - I blame Alan Potts & Estwing :laugh:

I got it from the Widescreen Centre :smiley:

I have bought so much off them lately I thought I would try a little cheek and asked if they would give me a discount, and they did it for £310

£30 off sounded reasonable :grin: I didn't look back

Its not our fault - I blame Alan Potts & Estwing :laugh:

I got it from the Widescreen Centre :smiley:

I have bought so much off them lately I thought I would try a little cheek and asked if they would give me a discount, and they did it for £310

£30 off sounded reasonable :grin: I didn't look back

£20 more than I paid :D. Mind you, that doesn't factor in delivery charges - which weren't actually that bad spread over the whole order considering the package is from the EU (£22.64 total delivery). Delivery would have been about £16 for the one, so we paid almost exactly the same taking that into account ;).

The trouble is, he'd have to sell the eyepieces to fund the Dob :D

I'd never sell my eyepieces. Give it a few months (around four to six) and I'll have a couple of grand to throw at a nice new dob :evil: .

Of course, I won't be literally throwing thousands of pound coins at a telescope - I'll just have that, potentially, to spend :).

Archived