Narrowband

using dss

hi, i'm just starting out and think i have got my head round darks flats e.t.c but when you first upload the image's to dss do i have to put the frames in sequence i.e light frame then dark frame or can i just add in any order and dss sort them out as long as i've labelled them right at the start?

sry if this been through before or just plain stupid! lol

Cheers Tim

hi, i'm just starting out and think i have got my head round darks flats e.t.c but when you first upload the image's to dss do i have to put the frames in sequence i.e light frame then dark frame or can i just add in any order and dss sort them out as long as i've labelled them right at the start?

Cheers Tim

Just add all your lights when loading light frames then all your darks, flats, bias. I dont believe there is any sequence involved. Its worth having a play around with at any rate to get familiar with it. Just like any software really.

Cheers Tim

Hi Tim,

When you take your lights, Darks, Flats and Bias put them in the properly named folders including the exposure lengths. Dss remebers which folder you last opened for loadind the frames and when you eventually build a library of subs it is very easy to confuse things and load the wrong frames. As for loading just click on the sub description on the left hand pane and just follow down. Once loaded check the frames in the lower pane and make sure that you have loaded the correct subs, each group carries all the relevant information if you load FITS subs. It is a hell a piece of software for no money BTW.

A.G

Archived