Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I update the Synscan firmware using EQDIR adaptor?

nitram100

Trying to update my handset to the latest firmware with the polar alignment and have attempted to connect the handset using the EQDIR usb adaptor. Does anyone know if it is possible? I am getting an error message 'can not connect to synscan controller'.

Thanks for any info

You can't do it that way. You need the correct serial data cable ( biege coloured, serial connector on one end and RJ12 on the other) supplied with the mount. If you don't have one this is the one you need to order http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/serial-cable-for-skywatcher-and-celestron-mounts.html .

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the serial data cable supplied with the mount (grey one) and have been connecting the serial end to the serial end of the EQDIR module in the picture and the other end a USB cable connecting the module to my PC. It installed fine and recognizes it as prolific usb serial comm port but the Synscan handset is still is not recognised.

Archived