Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eagle nebula and NGC 6888 with the Mono Canon 350D

Luis Campos

Hi all,

The weather has finally settled, and what a beautifull sky now, excellent transparency and low turbulence, what a joy :)

One more imaging run with the freshlly modified canon 350D, the mono sensor is proving to be absolutelly stunning for NB deep sky work, with a very small 1.25" Ha filter (12 Nm) I'm getting very good results from my extremelly light polluted back yard, these two were made with the 200mm f/4 newt.

the Eagle nebula is just 5x5 min. @ 800 ISO

NGC 6888 is 10x5 min. @ 800 ISO, so very little data on both, still a very good detail can be seen, imagine this with a proper good size ha filter say of 7 Nm and a good sky... :)

Eagle:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

NGC 6888:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Cheers,

Luís

Hey Gina,

Didn't you DSLR give you that killer look...? :D Just saing.... ;)

Cheers,

Not quite :D The cooling was alright but two attempts at debayering were both catastrophic! :( At that point I ran out of spare sensors :D

Not quite :D The cooling was alright but two attempts at debayering were both catastrophic! :( At that point I ran out of spare sensors :D

Hi Gina,

Looks like this is doable also on 450D's why not getting a used one (they are cheap now) and try you luck, or even a 350 D with amp off and cooling modd :)

Cheers,

Luís

Luis, I can't wait to see you having a go at the Orion or the Horsehead nebulae with your mono DSLR!

You seem to read my mind...:D

I was thinking exactly the same he he he, yep those winter wonder should be a blast with this.

BTW any news with your 450?

Cheers,

You seem to read my mind... :D

I was thinking exactly the same he he he, yep those winter wonder should be a blast with this.

BTW any news with your 450?

Cheers,

The 450D sensor I've got it as a 'practice' sensor as I have no working camera to test it on. However, I just got delivered today a second hand fully working 1000D. The idea is to start removing the bayer array only in an area and see if the scratches come up at different stops. If they don't show at F8 that's good enough for me.

By the way, in the 450D sensor, the practice one, the bayer matrix leftovers are very hard to remove. I'm finding it very hard to clean without scratching badly the sensor. I wonder what the situation will be with the 1000D. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, I haven't found the bricked 350D yet. I know is somewhere in a box probably buried in the loft, though.

Archived