SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Does anyone have a Kson super abbé orthoscopic

They are the same as the Apogee Super Abbe Ortho's Dale. I believe you owned a couple of these in the recent past so, again, I reckon you are better placed than most to comment on their performance.

John I see university optics sells them and sold by china I think way back I had there 7.7mm pretty good sharpness on axis but the edge of the fov was ragged Not sharp But I will try the 24mm To see how it is? I also heard they not true orthos with a slightly Wider fov like 48 degrees A modified Version

John I see university optics sells them and sold by china I think way back I had there 7.7mm pretty good sharpness on axis but the edge of the fov was ragged Not sharp But I will try the 24mm To see how it is? I also heard they not true orthos with a slightly Wider fov like 48 degrees A modified Version

The 4.8mm you had back then was from the same range as well. As you sold them I guess you were not convinced so maybe you have a pointer there to how you will find the 24mm ?.

If you do try the 24mm why not write and post a report on how you find them compared to the other orthoscopics you have owned ? :smiley:

I will John I remember getting all of them they were with larger fov so not true orthos a modified ortho and I found back then the lower power 16.8 and 24 mm were sharper and The 4.8 and 7.7 had a soft edge of fov and they are multi coated

Hi Dale, I have a set of 4 and I have to say in my opinion they do not perform well, I had to struggle with them and also they have a slight colour bias that I did not like. I would say steer clear of them, they are in my opinion cheap and nasty and do not do the 'Abbe ortho' name justice.

Archived