SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to polar align EQ6 with no view of Polaris?

nitram100

Hey guys, so I have had this NEQ6 for about 1 week now but have not been able to test the goto function on it as I cannot see Polaris, my house is blocking it (tall 3 floor town house). Is there a way I can get a rough alignment by just pointing north? It is only for visual use.

I've also got an EQDIR adapter if that helps.

Thanks for any info.

If it has the latest firmware in the handset just do a 2 star aligne them a polar aligne doen't need Polaris, i found doing a further 2 star and them another polar aligne then a 1 star aligne will put a DSO in the centre of a 7mm EP....little bit of practice only takes a couple of minutes...you can download the firmware if you don't have it installed...

Oh ok, that would be so much easier. I do have the 2 star alignment option on the handset, so I could choose 2 star alignment and use altair and arcturus then that would be enough to be able to point DSO's in the eyepiece ?

Thanks

Archived