Ceph and Cass

Electronic Focuser for mn190

Has anyone fitted one to theirs yet and if so what have you fitted and from where?

I have one on my Skywatcher 200PDS but the bracket will not fit the focuser on the mn190, so I'm thinking keep the motor and control box and fabricate a bracket that will fit or find someone that already makes one?

It seems that it's more common than not for "normal" motorised focuser kits not to fit newts without tweaking or a bit of DIY. Making your own bracket sounds like a sensible way forward.

James

I don't know about motorised but it needs something, mine drives me nuts sometimes when I am doing eyepiece tests. Swapping one for the other and remembering where the focus is is an art, no black art.

I keep toying with the idea of a Moonlite but I don't fancy the removal of the front element and all the other stuff, I will do it one day thought.

Alan

Alan - I've moved this to the scopes discussion section as you might get some more feedback there. I've left a link in the eyepiece section where it was originally posted :smiley:

I use a DIY motorised focuser on my MN190. A stepper motor on an ali bracket attached to the finder stalk drives the focus shaft via a pair of timing pulleys and timing belt. I have the older single speed SW focuser.