Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any Baader Steeldrive owners here?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's any help the Motor I have on my ZS81 is from here http://www.mclennan.co.uk/stepper.html

It's one of these http://www.mclennan.co.uk/datasheets/european/geared/p542m48gearedsteppermotor.pdf

Works with my MountHubPro focusser

Out of curiosity how much did that one cost? And did they mind selling single ones or send you to a direct seller?

Thanks

Steve

Out of curiosity how much did that one cost? And did they mind selling single ones or send you to a direct seller?

Thanks

Steve

Ah.. I got it as part of a deal with the ZS71 & flattener I bought S/H from David at HitecAstro (which is why it definitely works with my MountHubPro :grin: ). I'm not sure if he sourced it himself or when he got the scope from Ian King. Its neat and sits right onto the shaft of the focuser. Not sure where the coupling came from though. I've been meaning to ask him about it as I just looked up the model on the net to find the details and I'll probably want to get something similar for my new Esprit 80 when it's released.

Ah.. I got it as part of a deal with the ZS71 & flattener I bought S/H from David at HitecAstro (which is why it definitely works with my MountHubPro :grin: ). I'm not sure if he sourced it himself or when he got the scope from Ian King. Its neat and sits right onto the shaft of the focuser. Not sure where the coupling came from though. I've been meaning to ask him about it as I just looked up the model on the net to find the details and I'll probably want to get something similar for my new Esprit 80 when it's released.

I think It's the motor used by Lakeside Focusers, which Ian King are dealers for, and would probably explain the coupler too.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at the Baader Steeltrack focuser for my ED80. I currently use the SW DC focuser.

But having purchased a WO Z71ED I fitted a diy stepper motor to it and it works superbly.

All info can be obtained through the SGL Observatory Automation Forum

cheers

Steve

post-12560-0-16088400-1383645904_thumb.j

Hi,

I recently fitted a baader Steel Track on my SW ED80 pro and its fantastic.  Just be warned that you will lose the ability to mount you SW Finder Scope!  I needed to do a little DIY in order to solve the problem.  I can post a pic if you like.

Rick

Archived