Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ATIK 428ex mono camera

ncjunk

Hi,

I just received this today from first light optics (very nice service) and have just started some bench testing.

The camera comes in a very nice shade of red in a redbull can kind of shape. There is a small fan on the back and

Some ventilation grills on the side. The back of the camera has two sockets, one for the power and one for the

mini usb connector. This usb is the old style mini connector you used to get on cameras and not the "D" shaped

one that appear on a lot of printers (so you may find that like me you used to have a lot of these usb cables but moved over

to the "D" type and now have no spares.....a trip to the pc shops in order)

Installation was a breeze with the usual installation of the application software and then when windows couldn't

find the driver the manual selection of the drivers win32 directory on the cd.

The camera is running a dark of 300 seconds at the moment with an ambient temperature of 24 deg c and a setpoint

of 0.0 deg c, the power is running at 86% which is about what i would expect given the ambient temp here and a max

delta T on the cooling of 30 deg c. It looks like i'll only be able to push 0 or -5 deg here during the summer.

The first 300s dark at 0 deg c is showing probably about 4 or 5 hot pixels (some that i thought were hot at 65000are just warm

from 6000-12000) and a few warm ones so i'll do a bit of

dithering between captures to make sure they don't show up in the final image.

I'll post an update when i get a first light, hopefully just after i've tested and installed the mesu which has been

updated with a new controller and fixed.

Regards

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

post-1827-137513169426_thumb.jpg

Sounds good Neil.

So, the Sony has 4 or 5 hot pixels at 0*C ? Hmmm. the 8300 would show 4 to 5 hot pixels per pixel :)

I did hear tell that those chips don't require any more than -10* max anyway.

Have fun and show us some results soon,

Dave.

Archived