Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skylight AR101 F15 Achromat review

madjohn

Thank you Mark. Yes I love the performance and the looks (sounds like a Ferrari :) ) it really was a leap of faith when I ordered it with my own money. This is the first telescope I've ever bought new - all my others have been second hand (although high quality) I'm still learning to get the best out of it and it's not holding back, it just keeps getting better and better!

Bravo, John. A delightful review, both fresh as a daisy and yet well considered and thorough. You didn't rush into print before you had lots to say.

The bad news; you have lost all credibility as a 'newbie' solar imager!! :grin: What splendid results! I'm so impressed.

Olly

Thank you so much for the kind comments :) Olly I've only been solar imaging seriously since I bought my DMK 31 mono at Xmas 2012 and badly at that! However i'm learning quickly and am getting some great results from the new Skylight scope :grin: I have a lot more experience in deep sky imaging and using DSLRs rather than modified webcams like my DMK - really enjoying it though!

Hello Chris. The views are more magnified due to the longer focal length and are very crisp. The Lyra was very good and a lot more manageable than the Skylight which is a hell of a long scope and needs a very sturdy mount to put it on. I took some exceptional solar images using the Lyra and it was a great instrument to use visually especially on the planets :) If you bought one or own one already (a Lyra) you wouldn't be disappointed especially at the price. they have a truly excellent dual speed focuser and has all the features we like such as a three thumbscrew compression ring eyepiece holder :)

Archived