SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Closer to my dream

Rezn8

I have always dreamed about having wall sized astro prints. So I decided to go back now and re-image some classics. Here are the JPEG images of the two files. Originals are M20 - 28MB and C92 - 98MB file sizes. I am going to print them A0 and see how they come out. I have clipped the black levels for a more dramatic effect. Both shot over last three days with 3/4 moon from the suburbs.

Meade 115mm Refractor

EOS60Da + Astronomik clip filter

50 x 300s subs

400ISO

Darks, Flats and Bias frames.

post-26725-0-48362300-1375023436_thumb.j

post-26725-0-74021400-1375023455_thumb.j

Star spikes added for effect

Thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Be careful when they're printed, as you're going to up the contrast anyway because of the limitation with print media. I'd go back and reprocess otherwise you will end up with a very dark and muddy looking pair of what should be fine images

Thanks for the warning , how should I reprocess them ? If I do A4 prints beforehand , will it give me an idea of how they will come out , or because the size is much smaller it won't represent the much bigger size accurately ?

Archived