Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 - The Andromeda Galaxy

brendant

Quick image of M31 from last night, was hoping to get a long session but cloud put paid to that very quickly, only managed 20 Min's with Canon 400D with Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO lens mounted on the EQ5. 10 x 2 Min's at ISO 800, really not enough time but all that I could manage before the clouds rolled in.

Brendan

post-13788-133877334539_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for your comments.

Kevin - Yes the lens is a fixed focal length, unfortunately it does not work correctly with my Canon DSLR, works correctly with my older EOS600 body, the chip in the lens does not allow the aperture to be stopped down, it requires to be re-chipped by Sigma but they no longer provide this service so the only option is to use it in Aperture priority mode fully open, something to be careful of if you are buying older secondhand Sigma lenses is that they may not work correctly with newer model cameras. Newer Sigma lenses do not have this problem.

Ron - Yes it is very noisy due to the lack of subs, more time required but those pesky clouds made sure that was not possible.

KK - Not had any problems with the lens other than it not working correctly on the Canon Digital body, I have had this lens around 16-17 years and it has given me great service, would really like to get a Canon 400 f5.6 L series lens when funds permit.

Brendan

Archived