SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42(Great Orion Neb)-NGC 1973/75/77(Running Man Neb) - 7th Dec 07 - 350D

jcm

Rather blustery conditions but the auto guider coped really well.

130mm APO at F6 , Canon 350D (modded) at 800 ISO

28 X 2mins + 6 X 3mins.

I might at some time get some short exposures of the core and merge them with this image. But thats another day. :icon_jokercolor:

Added differently processed version.

John

post-13061-133877334526_thumb.jpg

post-13061-133877334533_thumb.jpg

I think we can safely say , Thats a cracker John , lovely colour and processing is excellent , although the core is blown a bit , it does not take away the excellence of the image ,as you say another time , for a better core , but meanwhile , be very happy with that one

Rog

:icon_jokercolor:

You have produced a stunner there John. It's a very vibrant looking M42 ,and the sprinter too is very prominent in this one.

You are certainly making your presence felt on SGL with a steady flow of images. I just would like to know where you are getting the skies from to do this. :icon_jokercolor:

Ron. :embarassed:

I can't decide which one now John. Bit of a dilemma for me. The second one has filled with more nebulosity, and the space between the two nebulae has filled a bit, but your first one seemed a lot cleaner, for want of a better description.

If you are requesting a decision, then I have to take No. 1 by a short head. :icon_jokercolor:

Ron. :embarassed:

Great image John I like the second one which brings out the nebulosity in its extremeties. Its a shame CCD's havent got the dynamic range to capture it all in one go. The combination of two different length exposures almost feels like cheating dare I say it. I have used this technique before combining short and long exposures and merging them but always feel that it may not be true to life.

Regards

Kevin

Archived