Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using Arduino for screen for flats?

Gasman

Hi folks

I`ve been thinking of a way to make a light panel to create flats using my 120mm refractor. I have an arduino uno board with quite a few components and led`s and wondering if I can utilize this to create a light panel?. I`d like to use quite a few led`s to cover a 120mm diameter area so maybe 13 or so to get an even light and I`d also like to make it dimmable to aim for 1/2 to 1/3 full well lumination. These led`s would be behind a diffuse cover of some sort.

I`ve found some basic code but that will only control 3 led`s, is this doable with an Arduino uno board please?. I`ve also got a raspberry pi knocking about somewhere but maybe the Arduino would be easier to set up?.

Thanks

Steve

I did think something like to start with then wondered if seperate led`s turned off might make the light from the screen uneven so I think the whole lot would need to be controlled at once this then led me to the Arduino which has been sat on a shelf since I bought it :smiley:

cheers

Steve

I was imagining the three strands interwoven, with whatever pattern of three sets you'll end up controlling with your Arduino. But don't get me wrong: as an Arduino tinkerer myself I well understand why you'd want to develop a more fun solution!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cheers for that Ian, yes been reading up on the Arduino seems a handy piece of kit and maybe an overkill for this project but WTH all adds to the fun :grin: It would be cushty to use it with my spectroscopy somehow but must learn to crawl first !

Cheers

Steve

Archived