Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first full disc

Luke

This is my first full solar disc. I have some earlier captures, but have not processed them yet as I've been too busy just getting them stacked to free up hard drive space! I went for this one first as I finally got my first airplane transit :)

I was hoping to blend the airplane onto the stacked disc, but haven't managed to do it, as I can't get the trails to blend. Most frustrating! So I gave up on that and processed the single frame with the airplane in it for the second pic below.

gallery_2875_2627_85942.jpg

gallery_2875_2627_19166.jpg

I imaged from indoors through an open window, as the sun had already dipped behind our roof. I used an undriven mount (a camera tripod and mini giro). I do like sitting out in the sun, but in this heat, it seemed most civilized imaging from indoors. :grin:

22/07/2013

SolarMax 60 SS / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687)

Wow! I have never seen a transit on a prom shot before, it makes the most beautiful effect. Just like the vision of jetting off into the sunset and going on holiday :)

A fabulous full disc as well :)

Alexandra

Both very nice Luke, great detail in your full disc shot. Shooting from indoors does have its advantages, you can see the computer screen for a start off and if the weather turns, it is easy to keep everything dry.

Robin

Archived