Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1396 H-Alpha

jnc71106

Ummed and Ahhed about posting this image as there has been so many nice examples lately but thought what the heck why not

The moon really didn't help when i image this one and it has effected the image but hopefully when i add more subs to it from my dark site on a moonless night it will bring the image back a little

10 x 30 min subs

Stacked and processed in PI

9362617189_66852cae1f_z.jpg

Elephant Trunk IC1396 H-Alpha 30 min subs by Tokoloshe81, on Flickr

and as a comparison this is my first attempt on this target from just over a year ago with the same kit

9362665555_8f907baba3_z.jpg

Elephant Original 2012 by Tokoloshe81, on Flickr

kingboya, Sara and shibby many thanks for taking the time to comment, the almost full moon resulted in quite a high background brightness which made getting a decent amount of contrast slightly tricky but i'm fairly happy i'm going to get another 5-6 hrs worth of Ha then OIII and SII at some point but this one is going to be an ongoing project so it will be a while until i have a finished image

That is very very nice, and I am very glad you posted it. I recently bought pixinsight, but am struggling with the work flow of stacking and calibrating the images

persevere with PI for the stacking and calibrating as i've personally found it the best of all the various programs available (and i've tried them all :) ) read the tutorials on the PI website and also checkout harrysastro shed for some video tutorials. youtube also has quite a few videos on PI

kingboya, Sara and shibby many thanks for taking the time to comment, the almost full moon resulted in quite a high background brightness which made getting a decent amount of contrast slightly tricky but i'm fairly happy i'm going to get another 5-6 hrs worth of Ha then OIII and SII at some point but this one is going to be an ongoing project so it will be a while until i have a finished image

persevere with PI for the stacking and calibrating as i've personally found it the best of all the various programs available (and i've tried them all :) ) read the tutorials on the PI website and also checkout harrysastro shed for some video tutorials. youtube also has quite a few videos on PI

Yes, I am doing loads of work to study PI, and I know I am going to love using it. It is just getting a 'standard' workflow organised then I am away. Having said that, you inspired me to give my last image a process with PI, my first ever, and not PS, although I did do a quick High Pass Filter in PS. I hope you don't mind me posting it here? :p

post-19531-0-69120300-1374778176_thumb.p

Archived