Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 with MONO Canon 350D (full moon)

Luis Campos

Hi friends,

Super excited with this :)

This is my second test image on M27 taken from my extremelly light polluted back yard under a full moon, using a broadband LP filter (Baader moon & sky glow), it's a stack of 37x 1min. exposures @ 400 ISO, with only 1 min. exposure I was near the sky limit, so this tells me that the sensor has at least DOUBLED it's sensitivity!

The "fire baptism" will be next weekend on my dark sky site....I hope the clouds will go away :/

This was with no cooling, I have to make some modifications on the cooling system to prevent from dew on the sensor, will work on that on the next few days ;)

M27 with the MONO Canon 350D:

http://www.flickr.co...N08/9362144419/

Cheers,

Luís

Just want to thank everyone on the DIY section for making this possible, with all the briliant minds involved this is finally "cracked" let's not forget this started 8 years ago...isn't SGL a great place :)???

BIG KUDOS everyone!

Very well done indeed... this link will go global.. .. get it hooked up to a 2" filter draw :)

Cheers Guy,

I sure hope so :) Yes, you're right, it's even possible to use 2" filters of any kind now...they cost severeal times more then the camera though lol :)

I sure need to buy a 2" Ha filter at least, not easy these days but I'll keep saving every $ for it ;)

A good solution is to have two similar cameras (350D's) one MONo and the other color with the filter modd, and then make color images by blending the two datas (HaRGB or LRGB) ;)

Just let me finish my cooling system then wi'l see how this rocks! :grin:

Greets,

Luís

Well your CFA removal has certainly worked pretty well - that's a good image :)

Many thanks Gina,

Looks so :) I was a bit worried with the tiny bits of CFA leftover but dithering the subs took care of that, I can't see any residue of them in the final image, very happy with this :)

Cheers

Ive seen your videos, very impressive. I can see this catching on, personally I think that thread should be a sticky for those brave enough to try it.

Get some narrowband filters and it will become even more interesting :)

Edit: It would be good to see a colour image from this camera, I'd be interested to know whether the removal of the bayer matrix has eliminated the problem of chromatic noise that you get with DSLR images.

Ive seen your videos, very impressive. I can see this catching on, personally I think that thread should be a sticky for those brave enough to try it.

Get some narrowband filters and it will become even more interesting :)

Edit: It would be good to see a colour image from this camera, I'd be interested to know whether the removal of the bayer matrix has eliminated the problem of chromatic noise that you get with DSLR images.

Cheers,

Many thanks ;)

Yep, I beleive this will soon "catch fire" as it is a very affordable way to get into good quality deep sky imaging with low budget.

I wish I had the $$$$ to buy some 2" filters now :( But surelly in a near future i must get me at least a 2" Ha filter, and yes this would be awesomw with a set of RGB filters, for sure the chrominace noise would be inexistant as all pixels are used and there's no "gaps" on data.

Greets,

Way to go! Looking really good. The key will be doing short low iso colour shots with a normal dslr for starfields so the stars aren't saturated white blobs then mixing in the narrowband.

Being able to do effective narrowband imaging with the dslr will be a game changer for people without the funds to get very costy ccd cameras.

Way to go! Looking really good. The key will be doing short low iso colour shots with a normal dslr for starfields so the stars aren't saturated white blobs then mixing in the narrowband.

Being able to do effective narrowband imaging with the dslr will be a game changer for people without the funds to get very costy ccd cameras.

Cheers Raymond,

Thanks mate :)

Yep, that's exactly my thoughts combining the data with a color DSLR....much cheaper then a set of RGB 2" filters...and much faster too :)

You are correct, this is like a dream come true for me, as you say I dont have the funds to go for a good size CCD chip and this mono DSLR is heaven for me :)

And I owe a big part of this to you ;)

Archived