SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Afocal M42 - 7/12/07

Whippy

Quite chuffed with this! 30 x 15 second shots on the Canon Powershot A610 through a Hyperion 21mm on my WO ZS110. Stacked in Registax, no processing because Photoshop is still something of a black art to this tired head. So have a play around by all means and some pointers towards processing would be much appreciated :icon_jokercolor:.

Tony..

2635_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I think you deserve to be chuffed. :icon_jokercolor: That is a petty good result for an afocal shot.

I think there is a lot of detail to be brought out and I have had a brief go with PS,couldn't spend the time it deserves as I have an early start in the morning. Not sure there is much of an improvement at the moment but some nice detail in the fan starting to show.

CW

P.S. I think it looks better 'flipped' by the way.

(click as usual)

Ian'll know what I'm on about when I say I did the same jig when the first exposure as SteveL did when he got his M42 at Kelling :icon_jokercolor:. Mine was a bit more 'football' but I stopped short of putting my top over my head, way too cold for that!!

Funny thing is the stacked image isn't a huge improvement over one of the single exposures. That surprised me somewhat and I'm really going to have to get it togther get into photoshop even it's only to learn levels and curves...

I'm off to bed, way too tired. My legs are numb from sitting cross-legged too long in front of the laptop with two sleeping kittens on my lap. Bless 'em :embarassed:.

EDIT: Thanks CW for that! Looks better already :rolleyes:.

Tony..

You did remarkably well Tony. Afocal is more suited to Lunar and Planetary imaging, and not normally used as a deep sky configuration.

However you chucked away the rule book, and the short subs stacked up have given you quite a good result. I wonder how it would have

turned out with more subs..

Ron. :icon_jokercolor:

Archived