Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit more of the Pelican

Uranium235

Last night was last chance saloon as far as clear sky is concerned, so I popped out to quickly finish off that missing 4th panel (bottom left). Trouble is, the sky quality was a bit pants, and it was a full moon, so there were a few noise issues. To be honest that panel needs to be done again on a better night.

Im also considering going for another 2 panels left in order to pick up the wall, but not before ive topped up all four existing panels to about 4 hours each.

NGC5070: Pelican nebula (and a bit of NGC7000)

14x600 (Ha) x4 panels

80ED (x2), Atik 314L+ (x2), NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97754

post-5513-0-81848000-1374528871_thumb.jp

You must be thrilled with this!

Those shot gunned 314's are paying divvies.. :D

Nice and flat and well focused too :)

Thanks for the comments peeps!

Guy, the twin shooter is working, well... sort of, bar all the fiddling I have to do at the start of each session to tweak the guidescope rings so im not wasting too many pixels between the two cameras - but I still feel like I need more! A 383 would have done this in one or two frames, so im still weighing up the pros and cons of moving away from Sony sensors.

But Ive barely had this twin shooter arrangement for three months, so I'll see how it progresses once the nights get longer. If im still left wanting, then I will have to write an early letter to santa :D

Looking very nice Rob! Only problem - it's so big now I can't fit it all on my screen ;)

Planning on joining you as a CCD imager in the not too distant future... Know what you mean about the sensor size dilemna!

Nice image Rob with lots of detail coming through. I know what you mean about the skies recently - it may have been clear in a cloud sense but the sky quality hasn't been great...

James

Looking very nice Rob! Only problem - it's so big now I can't fit it all on my screen ;)

Planning on joining you as a CCD imager in the not too distant future... Know what you mean about the sensor size dilemna!

Ohhh good man :) finally going over to the dark side.I'll give you first refusal on one of twins if I decide to upgrade to a bigger chip later in the year, are you changing optics too? Because if youre looking at the new generation of Atik cameras with their teeny tiny pixels, you could probably save about 3 kilos by getting a short focal length refractor (400-600mm). Then you would have capacity for Johns DSLR on your mount for a bit of twin shooter action.

I think I've decided to go for the Atik 428ex. I do like the flexibility of the smaller (but not tiniest) pixels. While I intend to carry on imaging with newts, I'd also like to get a very short FL, good quality refractor to compliment it; maybe a 60 or 70mm...

However, something snapped on the car this morning so it might have to wait a Month longer now :(

Archived