SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Earth & Moon image taken from Saturn

Pig

I found the original image from NASA's website and tried to plate solve it, but no success :(

James

I read somewhere that there were a lot of cosmic ray events on the original image which would be cleaned up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a wide field image of an area of sky, it allows you to identify the stars and other objects in the sky using software, so you can take an image such as this:

post-10871-0-88480700-1374780102_thumb.p

And get something like this:

post-10871-0-51116600-1374780113_thumb.p

James

If you have a wide field image of an area of sky, it allows you to identify the stars and other objects in the sky using software, so you can take an image such as this:

post-10871-0-88480700-1374780102_thumb.p

And get something like this:

post-10871-0-51116600-1374780113_thumb.p

James

Wow what a smart program this is! Thanks James

I wonder what is next on Cassini's bucket list :grin:

Nasa's site shows that it's flying by Titian yesterday,NASA is emphasising too much on Titan, they almost worship the thing! I think it will just stay at Saturn and orbit it's moons, this was the goal of the mission anyway. Would be nice to use it somewhere else as well.

wait a minuate? why does my mind tell me that the picture on the left looks fake?! has it been edited from orginal?

I think it's two images - the one that shows Earth, and one of Saturn's rings

Nasa's site shows that it's flying by Titian yesterday,NASA is emphasisingtoo much on Titan, they almost worship the thing! I think it will just stay at Saturn and orbit it's moons, this was the goal of the mission anyway. Would be nice to use it somewhere else as well.

I know they once thought Titan could support human life and that was what all the fuss was about, maybe they are expecting more :smiley: Its probably mineral rich :shocked:

Archived