Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Earth & Moon image taken from Saturn

Pig

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's worth (mis)quoting Carl Sagan at this point.

Every b-list celebrity, every TV evangelist, every over-paid footballer, every reality show contestant, every politician claiming expenses on their duck-pond, every telephone sanitizer, everyone you've ever known or heard of. This is where we make our stand.

Here's the final version of the Cassini portrait, with a bonus picture from Messenger, taken on the same day.

earth_cassinimessenger_960.jpg

wait a minuate? why does my mind tell me that the picture on the left looks fake?! has it been edited from orginal?

Nah, not the Earth that is bright,,, it's all those plonkers with their high powered laser pointers :-(

hahahaha

Emad must live opposite them, he likes windows with the curtains open :grin: :grin: :grin: I wonder if he will read this :laugh: :laugh:

Man, put your clothes on. It's stargazing with the naked eye, and you took the meaning literally. But seriously, I flourish on open curtains :D

Man, put your clothes on. It's stargazing with the naked eye, and you took the meaning literally. But seriously, I flourish on open curtains :D

Excellent :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ah ha ha haaa! I just showed the "misses" this and the pic. She said "Oooh, who took that pic?"! She's pleading with me not to post this..... But I have lol!

You just have to love them don't you :laugh:

I imagine if you took out the glow/glare that saturns rings will no doubt be producing, youd be able to see more. Also I would think its something to do with focus and the sun being behind Saturn.

Theres probably a much cleverer way of wording that :)

Edit - I was just referring to the image above, havnt seen a bigger version myself yet so what I said could be a load of old rubbish.

I imagine if you took out the glow/glare that saturns rings will no doubt be producing, youd be able to see more.

Could be

Also I would think its something to do with focus and the sun being behind Saturn.

If that was the case, earth would be far away from the Sun then Saturn?

There are definitely stars in the background of the first picture I posted :smiley: quite a few has it happens, so it must be something to do with the effect of light on the close up :shocked:

Archived