SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sharpcap to the rescue.

allcart

Finally got out to image the sun this afternoon, but when i tried to capture with ICC and my dmk's all I got was an error message saying that the codec was wrong. I checked that I was using Y800 in all settings but no luck. I swapped cameras and got the same error. Everything I tried failed, even resterting ICC, unplugging the cams etc.

Finally in desperation I switched to sharpcap and everything was perfect. I also found that I could shoot a sequence of avi over an hour with no further input. Much like taking subs at night. I could not find a way to do that with ICC.

Sharpcap has gone massively UP in my estimation.

Will try ICC later and see if it sorts itself out. It was fine 2 days ago, and I haven't changed anything.

Yes, after using it in desperation yesterday for solar imaging, I think its a fine tool to have in the box. It would be nice to have a histogram and finer exposure increments, but it still did an outstanding job for me. Perhaps the developer could add those two features and make it an outstanding solar capture tool.

Archived