Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Southwest Astronomy Fair 10th August @ NLO

This years Astro Fair is on the 10th August as usual at the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory) in Sidmouth Devon. Starts at 09:30 until 18:00.

Guest speakers, trade stands, live meteor detection etc, see website for more details.

www.normanlockyer.com

No problem John, glad you can make it. Hope to see you there, I'll be in the Imagers tent or in the McClean dome.

I'll be sure to say "Hi" Pete :smiley:

I might wear my SGL star party badge just so other SGL'ers can spot me !

Which lecture have you opted for Mark ?

John I am going to lecture 2 - Paul Abel talking about Uranus. I like to know a bit more about this planet and I believe that Paul has done some sketching of the planet with his 8" scope. As the lecture is 2.45pm do you want to meet up for lunch and a chat?

Mark

Isn't FLO coming to this with a trade stand? It should be in their part of the country.

Unfortunately not. We have attended every SWAF event so far, more than any other retailer, but this year we must pass. This is only because we have a new member of staff, a full-time IT wizard, beginning his employment at FLO Monday. So this month we will begin upgrading all our systems: Payment processing, inventory, dispatch, help desk, email, everything. It needs to happen this month because the busy season begins September. We need to focus on our system upgrades.

I am sad not to be attending because it is a well organised event and we always enjoy our time at the SWAF. I met with the organisers yesterday and paid them for our usual stall as a gesture of goodwill, even though we won't be attending. We will definitely attend again next year :smiley:

There will be other dealers at the event. Simon and Elena of the Widescreen Centre will be there, they always setup an impressive stall. Atik cameras will be there, Astronomia and the MC2 Telescope Shop in Frome. And of course there are a number of other stalls, and the lectures.

Speaking personally, if the planned upgrades are going well I hope to attend as a visitor. It will be the first time in seven years I will be able to sit at one of the lectures. I am normally too busy manning the stall :glasses2:

HTH,

Steve

Just a word of warning for those wishing to attend who have not been before or don't know how to find the NLO.

The local Authorities have removers all of our signs we put up last week. We have put up more but fear they will be removed also.

I hope to put out more direction signs on Friday evening, with a bit of luck it will be too late for them to be taken down!

Just a word of warning for those wishing to attend who have not been before or don't know how to find the NLO.

The local Authorities have removers all of our signs we put up last week. We have put up more but fear they will be removed also.

I hope to put out more direction signs on Friday evening, with a bit of luck it will be too late for them to be taken down!

Any reason they were removed?

It has been on for a few years so would have thought it was a recognised event.

We think the signs were removed because another organisation went mad with their signs and someone complained.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

We'll put direction signs out, however If you have Sat Nav use this post code EX10 0NY.

Archived