Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help me drop 150 quid on a mid Focal Length Eyepiece.

Chris

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've dropped more like 210 pound today! I thought I would sort out a widefield EP whilst I was at it. It was a toss up between the Panaview 32mm or the ES68 Maxvision 28mm (re-badged 5000 SWA)

After a bit of research and pondering I hit the buy button on the ES68 28mm which will give me 1.6 degrees of pin sharp stars in my 200p f/6, it was only 15 pounds more than the Panaview 32mm! I did think about the Pan 38 or the Maxvision 34mm but they looked like they might topple my scope over!

Well, thats my eyepiece spending splurge over with for the time being, the old Paypal account is now running on empty, I'm pretty happy though! :D

Chris

If its anything like my ES Maxvision 68 then I will very pleased :) Now all I need is a decent object finding eyepiece around 32mm then I should be sorted for a while and can fill in the gaps over time.

Any suggestion for a good object finding eyepiece of around 32mm 70 quid budget, I've sold a few things recently including my 32mm Plossl which perhaps I shouldn't have sold because now I need to replace it :D Hopefully something even more widefield.

Chris

I'd imagine it's quite a bit better than the 68 degree :) the quality should be about the same if those Maxvisions are meades (such a good buy if they are) but the 82 degrees over 68 degrees will blow your socks off!

I think that 28mm 68 degree will be awesome as well. I got a 24mm 82 degree 2" meade 5000 UWA from the USA with a Meade 5000 di electric diagonal for $150.. which is about £80 landed in this country. An insane deal really.

Not sure, but this deal might even still be running!

Thats a ridiculously good deal congrats :) I've calculated that the ES68 Maxvision 28mm comes to 90.21 delivered which is good considering the Meade equivalent costs 210 to buy here. Your deal is just crazy good, I would hate to have payed several hundred pounds here to then find out about that deal!

Talking of which, I advertised for weeks for a second hand ES82 then as soon as I hit the buy button 4 come up for sale on ABS! I messaged the guy and immediated cancelled my order but the guy said they had sold very quickly so I had to re message ES to un-cancel my order, can you believe that! :D

Chris

Archived