SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Beginner Telescope!

Good evening

I'm actually interested in imaging but won't consider getting straight into it now.

You make good points about the DOBs. I'm not the best when it comes to smoothly rotate an object, that is why I'm looking for a scope with slow mo rods. I'm not sure how would I be able to mange a DOB. I'm not considering any go to , but I may get a motor to keep up with an object. and yes the weight is a problem, im taking this back home so I will consider a lighter telescope.

Back home there are few dealers and most of them sell advanced telescopes only. That is why I'm considering to get a light quality starter telescope from UK.

Thank you for the informative reply. I'm sure that few years down the line I would have to upgrade to an advanced one. but for now I think I'm either going for:

-Skywatcher Explorer 130M (EQ-2) f/6.9 (with motor , red dot finder and slow mo) or

-Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2 f/8 (with camera adapter and 6*30 finder scope)

I have searched a lot and both received very good feedback. the 150PL is a clear winner on paper when it comes to specs. but with 130M accessories and price (difference of £100) it is really tempty.

I like the 130M more at the moment, but will visit a store first to finalise my decision.

Would be nice if I get feed back from people who tried any of these two.

Thanks for all who recommended and helped me. I know a lot of votes were for the 200P, which is a great telescope, but I don't think it's for me. I hope this topic help others who are in the same position I'm at the moment.

I leave you with 2 videos for the 130M and 150PL, not the best but good enough for a beginner like me :p

-

-

Hi that is all very nice, remember that the best equipment you can have is the one that you regularly use.

Regards,

A.G

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived