SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade series 6000 ED 115 APO

Has anyone got any reviews on this scope??

As I'm stuck between this and the

Altair Wave Series 115 F7 ED Triplet APO

I am aware of the price difference but is there any difference in quality??

Please help me. I'm going mental.

Well I am the recent proud owner of the AA 115 triplet And I love it. I had first light not long ago, and with the teleskop service 0.79 FF and FR, the stars were tight and the field was flat as a pancake. I use it with my Atik 314L and I think I will keep this for quite sometime :D

It is a really tough decision though. There really is not a lot between the scopes. In fact they are almost identical. The money you save buying the AA scope is your focal reducer! post-19531-137409889875_thumb.jpgMy scope mounted on the NEQ6 with a Skywatcher ST80 to compare it to! :D

It is most likely the same scope from the same factory but with Meades quality control in place. Meade stuff is really very good most of the time, I have had a great deal of their gear. I know someone with the 115mm scope sold by TS in Germany, I have used it, it performs very well indeed. I do however think that the quality of these scopes varies a fair bit and in my books you are better off spending a bit more to know your safe.

Alan.

Well the Altair Astro version I bought was perfect in star tests. I Defocussed and had perfectly concentric circles, throughout the field of view. At this price point, what is £300? Not a lot I suppose, but for me I had the money go to my reducer. I took the plunge, and it paid off. :rolleyes:

Kingboya,

I agree the Altair scope will be a good buy as well I was forgetting this fine outlet. I was making reference to some very poor service I had had from TS on another scope made at the same factory. The front elements are very likely to be the same in all of them with different levels of QC in the chain from the different companies.

I firmly believe you could buy from Altair with a good degree of confidence. I have the some what more costly version that your scope is proably based on with the Lzos element, I can't say I see a massive difference in them if I am honest unless you are looking at very bright objects.

I have two 70mm ED scope from TS, one is excelent and the other is pants, this is what I was getting at, but buying from a UK outlet would strengthen the case for the cheaper scope.

I have just looked at the photo you put on site, apart from the name my mates is the same.

Alan.

Archived