SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Visionary HD 15x70's

philhas

Have just turned up, well packed so happy about that and a quick daylight test shows them to be collimated. They appear well made and fully multi-coated, hopefully I can give them a test tonight. Here's some pic's

post-13148-0-71585500-1373881091_thumb.j

post-13148-0-65169500-1373881105_thumb.j

These are BA-1s from United Optics, I think. Quality control is variable, but if you do get a good pair, they can provide a lot of viewing pleasure. I had a Pair of Omegon-branded BA-1s, and had lots of fun with them. They were my second pair, the first (Celestron-branded) was a dud. In my case the supplier checked the pair they sent to me second time round, and it was indeed a lot better.

To be fair to the supplier they have offered replacement but I think looking at the quality of the view my Praktica 7x40's from a few years back were better so I have asked for a refund and will probably go up the range a bit and get the Quantum 4's which I was going to get in the first place as I can't quite stretch to the Apollo's.

Just received the Quantum 4's, very nice view and a real step up in quality. Don't think much of the cheap and nasty case they came in but I suppose its better than a cheap and nasty cloth pouch! I will give them a star test tonight, hopefully they will be a lot better than the Visionary's.

Fantastic, just spent a hour with the Q4's and as recommended by many on here they are superb. I didn't even put them on the monopod as I didn't want to put them down so when I get clearer sky's I will see what they are like mounted. These bino's really cut through the twilight glow we get in the North East this time of year, I even spotted Andromeda through the murk in the east.

Archived