SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eagle Nebula in HA-RGB-near Infrared

RAC

I've always wanted to have a go at this. A basic near IR image by itself is a bit boring looking so here I've just added it as a red layer and backed off the Ha layer a little bit.

What it adds is the stars you wouldn't otherwise see so well.

There is so many ways to mix and match stuff like this. I would say this would be the more natural looking method.

9291973918_18066486ab_b.jpg

M16 Eagle nebula Infrared-HA-RGB blend by Raymond Collecutt, on Flickr

Very interesting and a lovely image :) I'm always interested in new ways of working but I'm not sure that this evidence is sufficient for buying an NIR filter. Do you have any other NIR images? I have two spare holes in my EFW2 :D

Very interesting and a lovely image :) I'm always interested in new ways of working but I'm not sure that this evidence is sufficient for buying an NIR filter. Do you have any other NIR images? I have two spare holes in my EFW2 :D

The filter I have used here is a very cheap one made for video cameras its a 37mm 720nm IR pass filter. Its no good with bright stars as it makes huge reflections around them but on stuff like this its ok. I only got it to try it out.

No this is my first try with it.

What's even better is I found its parfocal with my Baader narrow band filters, like spot on!

Archived