Narrowband

observing session

faulksy

just had a couple of hours in the back yard, what a lovely night. the milky way is quite bright tonight from about 45 degrees through the zenith down to about 55 degress, Andromeda is very bright with my 18mm bgo looks like I can resolve it to the core with averted vision,ngc6818 you can see lots of nebula surrounding it new one to me that.and the ring nebula never noticed this before went quite high in power but to the right of the ring I can see a star very close by and at one time am I right in thinking I could see a star in the centre of the ring, not very bright this was with averted vision again due to looking at the star just to the right of it. seen a few m objects m22,m24,m11,m8,m21 and m20, all very nice. finished of with Neptune. good night realy. all I can say is since I flocked my scope and collimated it the views are amazingly better, I have never resolved the core on the ring if I did and I have never seen the point of light just to the right of it either. roll on the darker nights

thanks steve, now after reading the first 4 pages im wondering if I did see it, at least I deffinately could see the star just to the right of it as only our john seen or mentioned this, so theres something

Archived