sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

Its Solar Sunday and its hot.

I started earlier today to beat the heat. I used the 120mm Omni XLT for a bit of WL (not too successful, need practice) and then put the Ha filter on the front and swapped the wedge for a blocker and got these. The seeing was just ordinary.

The new ARrival.

9286627946_1252d1d593_o.jpg

AR_WL wedge 13-07-14 by allcart2, on Flickr

In Ha

9283828405_4d605993a3_o.jpg

New AR 13-07-14 by allcart2, on Flickr

Some southern proms.

9283828221_47cea7c12f_o.jpg

Proms_ 13-07-14 by allcart2, on Flickr

Full disc with proms. This started as a 16 pane mosaic but it wouldn't merge properly, so it ended up as a 3 pane mosaic taken with the 120mm XLT and LS60f single filter on front, and a DMK31. Looks a bit green again. (I must stop editing on a laptop)

9286605800_9291a13665_o.jpg

FD 14-07-13 by allcart2, on Flickr

Edited by allcart

Both Ha shots are really good. It was totally overcast here this morning and I was sailing, didn't get home until after 5pm, so had no option for an early capture.

Robin

I just posted the full disc shot in another topic and it looked awful. :eek: I came back to check this one and it looks awful too. :eek: :eek: Maybe my laptop screen was tilted back when I processed it and so the pic looked red and contrasty with a dark background. Now all I see is a bright green sun with a really noisy halo.

Does nobody else see it. :confused:

Like everyone, I like compliments, I really do. But if you can see that I have got it so badly wrong, please tell me. I won't be offended.

Thats how it looked to me when I processed it, but if I tilt my laptop screen at a right angle to the keyboard it looks green and noisy. Thats the problem with lappy screens i suppose. They have such a narrow viewing angle. Pics can look good or bad depending on how you tilt the screen.

I suppose the new one is too red now. :grin:

Definately gonna edit on my big screen from now on.