Stars_Banner.jpg.843f9de1cf2bdcd4b91ede4312ecf0ca.jpg

July 14 Beautiful meteoroid south sky

Placid Scanner

Just thought I'd share and see if anyone saw the Meteroid tonight at 12:15. From my perspective it appear to be of at least magnitude -10 to -12, lasted maybe a second but was a nice change from the barely visible i've been seeing lately.

I am not sure if it was the same one but an astro buddy "Simes" and myself saw a beauty at the about that time - I am not sure of the direction it was in as I was not in familiar surroundings, what I can say is it had a very vibrant red front :grin: I am pleased someone who was with me saw it also.

I am not sure if it was the same one but an astro buddy "Simes" and myself saw a beauty at the about that time - I am not sure of the direction it was in as I was not in familiar surroundings, what I can say is it had a very vibrant red front :grin: I am pleased someone who was with me saw it also.

Sorry but very doubtful.

The OP is in Canada and 12:15 there is 05:15 or as late as 08:15 here.

Basically daylight and at least 5 hours difference.