Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 600d mirror lock up question.

majapala

When I'm controlling the camera through my laptop it is possible to initiate mirror lock up, then open (and then close again) the shutter in three distinct stages. However, if I try to achieve the same without the use of a laptop, using the remote control for the camera, I can't seem to separate the first two stages (mirror lock up and then open shutter) . Does anyone know a way around this, all the settings are as they should be, or am I missing something? Gnats are a real problem at the moments here and laptop screens are tantamount to being eaten alive voluntarily. Thanks all.

Try setting mirror lock-up to on and then the self-timer to 2 seconds .

This is how I had my 1000D set when I started without a laptop , on pressing the shutter the mirror will flip up and the shutter will operate two seconds later.

Alternatively you can leave the Liveview on which means the mirror is up until the shot is taken whereupon the mirror drops and then pops up again to reveal the sensor to continue Liveview , disadvantage being the sensor warms up quicker and the battery doesn't last as long.

Set the timer to 2 secs or 10 secs on the camera and you will be able to use your remote timer. Just add 2 or 10 seconds to lenth of exposure to compensate.

Harry

Archived