SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Northern Refractor Group

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a refractor fan, got 7 at the last count, I have Apos, classics and antique scopes and use them, so Im up for the refractor group. A meet in the Peak would be OK with me commitments permitting.

Im a refractor fan, got 7 at the last count, I have Apos, classics and antique scopes and use them, so Im up for the refractor group. A meet in the Peak would be OK with me commitments permitting.

It would be good to have you on board phil

I would be happy to host a meeting here at the Astronomy Centre sometime in the future if anyone is interested. :smiley:

That's a very kind offer, we should take you up on that. There are half a dozen of us up for this at the minute, I think its time we booked some where for our first session

That's a very kind offer, we should take you up on that. There are half a dozen of us up for this at the minute, I think its time we booked some where for our first session

I can make it to Peter drews centre, and having been befor i can vouch for it being a superb place to visit (plus he has a large refractor in a dome)

I can make it to Peter drews centre, and having been befor i can vouch for it being a superb place to visit (plus he has a large refractor in a dome)

Ummmmm.....a dome you say :laugh: anyone else for Todmorden? Peter I should perhaps give you a call :cool:

I would love to have a look at Peters place but Im afraid that's quite a bit too far for me. if you were having an evening meet, by the time I got there I would have to start back. Im in South Derbyshire. However if you were having a day meet on a Saturday or sunday then that would be better for me.

Oooh now that's a thought, Im testing my van and new awning out next week for starparty suitability so that would be quite good if theres camping facilities there. Please don't make it the weekend of August the 10th though, I have commitments and we have been invited to 3 different events that we have had to decline :grin: Its just like number 6 buses :grin: :grin:

Oooh now that's a thought, Im testing my van and new awning out next week for starparty suitability so that would be quite good if theres camping facilities there. Please don't make it the weekend of August the 10th though, I have commitments and we have been invited to 3 different events that we have had to decline :grin: Its just like number 6 buses :grin: :grin:

be an idea to send peter a message, i remember some one had a camper there last time i was up there

I would definitely be interested in this, not visited the centre yet. I don't think i could make the weekend of the 14th though. But i guess that weekend is too close to the full moon anyway. :smiley:

Early September should be fine, I think we would have to make it a Sunday as we are usually pretty busy on Saturdays. I had in mind a 2.00 start for solar observation and later for as long as you can stay awake! :smiley:

I think we are looking at the first Sunday in September in Todmorden, how does sound? If we meet as suggested for a little solar, set our gear up and meet to see what we want the group to do and what we want to achieve.

Archived