stargazine_ep39_banner.thumb.jpg.b87bddaa2aded94d2a3456c0589a82b9.jpg

Sky quality tonight?

Hmmm, not sure whether to bother setting up tonight. Its looking a bit soupy here, even for narrowband work.

Oh well, I guess it all had to come to an end at some point, cant complain though - we've had a good run.

• Like 1
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hmmm, not sure whether to bother setting up tonight. Its looking a bit soupy here, even for narrowband work. Oh well, I guess it all had to come to an end at some point, cant complain though - we've h

just got the cooled scope in , no point can't even see all Cassiopeia ? it seems sharp but bright.

What is wrong with these people. Perhaps, they dont have to worry about the lecky bill. Steve

I,m glad you got some quality time in.Here on the Yorkshire East Coast its been rubbish most nights,with high cloud coming back inland from the North Sea.Just cant seem to win!!!!

I heard somewhere there is a lot of dust in the sky which has been brought out from forest fires in Quebec. I must admit, despite the clear skies the seeing didn't look all that good.

It looked bad earlier up here up seems to have cleared a bit, still a bit light but have managed a quick look at Saturn before the idiot next door turned on his security light!

We have had 3 good nights in Northants this week(not the best of seeing but still ok) it is looking cloudy at the moment even though the forecast shows a clear night, so I am going to wait and see if it improves :smiley:

just got the cooled scope in , no point can't even see all Cassiopeia ? it seems sharp but bright.

• Like 1

I was out last night but conditions were pretty poor. I could only see Megrez in Ursa Major clearly with averted vision but it was still nice being out. I decided to have a nice cool beer as I couldn't see much anyway and I certainly couldn't by the time I packed up.

It might be ok(ish) for tonight, the sky seems a bit more blue today it depends on whether the lower cloud holds off until past midnight, otherwise its another night indoors.

Edit: just had a look at thermometer and its 34 in the shade.... just a bit warm :)

Edited by Uranium235

Sunday : Still hot in SW London and sky partly cloudy with wind shifting in last few hours from NE to NW. Clear skies, when they come, are rubbish with LVM ~2.5 to an exceptional mag4 a few nights a year but I get by - you have to. So no obs tonight but fair last night with M57+M56 images posted on SGL. :police:

Edited by nytecam