SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Glorious Sagittarius !

andrew63

Yup, did this last weekend! Struggled to see anything below Dec -30 though, which is a shame as that includes M54, M55, M70, M69, M6 and M7. Messier must have had a tall tripod and ladder to see that far south; I'm beginning to wonder about how to see it. Might go out and have another try tomorrow night, if clear (reason being that hopefully I have a UHC filter arriving today as a result of the all the nebulae last weekend!)

I hope it's clear for you Shane, you're in for a treat!

You need a good southern horizon ands dark sky/big scope to really get the best of some of those nebulae, but that whole area of Sagittarius and Scorpious is teaming with bright and fuzzy patches to be explored :cool:

Had a look at this cracking area on monday night down at Cooden beach on the south coast. Gorgeous!! a bit of sea haze but way more than I can see at home. I am looking at going back before too long when the nights have darkened a little more.

Archived