Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpless 2-129 or the Flying Bat nebula - A tricky mosaic

swag72

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not wishing to teach Granny to suck eggs, but since the Sharpless catalogue seems to be new to some people, then this website might be of interest: http://sharplesscatalog.com/

It's a catalogue of strong Ha emitting nebula, mostly in the Northern Hemisphere so handy for narrowband imagers... I say strong Ha emitters, but everything is relative so beware - many of them are proper faint!

Thanks John and Ian - There will be no colour version so to speak!!

Don't count on that! The Paul/Olly project is on hold while present guests and I attend to the Veil Nebula but we intend to furnish you with some nice RGB in the course of time... Of course, you may choose to consign it to the dustbin but your fans expect more!

Yours is the definitive Bat Ha. Very very good.

Olly

Cheers Dave - I think blumming minded determination won the day here!!

Next? ......... A change from what I was planning, I think another Sharpless target is calling me, but preferably one that can be done in one pane :smiley:

I suppose the shopping list will have a bigger chip on there so you can do bigger panels (or smaller in half the time!) :grin: Keep em coming

Missed this earlier. What a stunning image. Beautifully done, Sara. If the weather has been as good for you as it has here over the last ten days then I guess you've had a load of time to work on it :)

James

Archived