SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from rural Beds!

daz

Hi there,

Been reading this forum over the last few days and thought "they sound like a bunch of nutters - why not join 'em!!", so here I am!

I am a recent beginner - the wife bought me a little ExplorerScope from Celestron for Crimbo, 'cos I'd mentioned I could be interested in astronomy - little did she realise she was now to become an astronomy widow as well as being a golf widow, tai chi widow, gym widow.........

Although the ES was little, it was fun for my son and I to sit outside in the freezing cold marvelling at the heavens. So, I started doing some e-window shopping and bought an Atlas Explorer 114mm Newtonian for 30 quid off eBay. Now, I know this is not the best instrument on the market, but it has enabled me to see much more than I thought possible - trouble is, I now want (no, NEED) something better. I'll leave the equipment questions for the right topic........

So, that's me - oh real name is Darren - and I'm sure you can guess the reason for the moniker!!! :)

Hello Darren,

Welcome to nutter's paradise nah not really we just like having a friendly atomsphere here :) ...

Your new scope Atlas Explorer 114mm Newtonian sounds a bargain and if you get out there and use it good for you! I had a 4 and hlaf inch scope for years and enjoyed every moment with it and was a great learning tool for my next scope's...

I know what you mean by Astronomy widow lol i am sure your not the only one on here inc myself to inflict that pain onto there loved one :)

Anyway i hope you enjoy the forum and find it both Fun and usefull.

Look forward to your future post's..

James :)

Thank you all for your words of welcome..

In return for answering my many, as yet unasked, questions, I offer my services in solving any PC related issues, OS, hardware, etc.

:)

Darren

Archived