Would a plossl be sharper than a kellner

No answer.

You have good plossl, average plossl, bad plossl.

You have good kellner. average kellner, bad kellner.

That is 9 combinations, pick whichever you want.

Want advice?

Go buy Astro-Tecg Paradigms from Astronomics.

You are spending a lot of time asking about eyepieces and there is no absoulte answer. Other then to buy say an 8mm of each and try them, then decide which one you prefer. Costly and I suspect that within under a year you will try others and prefer them.

I have: TV plossls. TMB Planetarys, Meade Plossl's, Celestron Plossls, Ortho's, Antares W70's, Unknown plossl's, Paradigms, WO SWANs and a couple of others. In the future I may consider ES 82's. I do not use any one make or type.

I will decide to give say the TV's an outing, another it may be the Paradigms, depending on where and what scope maybe the Antare or the WO's. Many of the inexpensive plossl's I use for public events. For a grab and go set I have a 4mm TMB, 5mm and 25mm Paradigm and a 20mm plossl. This is kept in a trolly bag with the rest of the equipment needed to set up and power a small goto. Basically no one type or make, and one of the most used collections I have.

I've honestly no idea. I am not even sure I have ever used a Kellner. What I can say is that the better plossls (I have Televue) and orthos (I have BGOs) perform as well as any other eyepieces I have (solely wide field TV) other than field.

Archived