Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First solar image - 27 degree heat!!!

Assembled my ED80 solar filter this weekend and got setup outside to have a look for the first time. it was so unbearably hot I literally took 4 or 5 photos then packed up.

If anyone has an ED80 and wants a spectacular guide, I recommend this one - http://g4aqbastro.bl...lar-filter.html. It worked beautifully!

The sun spots were a really wonderful shape today. Here are a couple of images. Hope you enjoy them.

IMG_0001_zps5c9e1e63.jpg

Sunspots_zps293f7ceb.jpg

When I was solar imaging yesterday evening my 450D was claiming a sensor temperature of 45C (at around 6pm). This lunchtime my ASI120MM claimed to have hit 50C. I think the actual temperature was about 32C :)

James

It was really hot out there James. I had to put a blanket over my head and the camera and sit cross legged on the floor to see the display as the sun was right overhead - I did this around 1pm. I zoomed right in and did the best I could on focus and took a few shots, then packed up and got inside.

I was sweating like mad.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was hot, but good fun.

Archived