Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light & First AP Attempt - C8 Adv VX

garyminder

I received a new Celestron C8/Adv VX system yesterday and had perfect weather for first light last night. The mount is super solid and the go-to function is great. This is my first EQ mount after years of using a NexStar 8 and there's a learning curve but not bad.

I hurried the alignment because I was itchy to take my first pics but the mount still put objects in the FOV. I decided on M13 for my first attempt at AP. I slewed the mount, took a test picture and my jaw dropped.

I knew my alignment was probably not good so I took 10 20-second subs and 10 darks last night and processed them in DSS and Photoshop this morning. For my first deep sky photo I am very happy. There's star trailing and my focus wasn't perfect but if this is the result of an impatient noob, I can't wait to get proficient!

post-31092-0-76365000-1372964598_thumb.j

Archived