SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Big hello from Wisbech!

Meissa

Hey guys! This is my first, but definitely not the last post :) My name is Dovile, I live in a small town Wisbech, UK. Have been interested in astronomy since childhood as growing up in Lithuania, where Milky Way is as bright and clear as daylight, I just could not resist looking up and admiring the night sky. Have had my scopes(Skymax 127 Mak goto and Skyliner 300p Dob goto) for only couple months, but binos(15x70) were and still are always my bffs:) I'm interested in astrophotography, but only as occasional thing, visuals are still my priority. I'm sure you are all a lovely bunch here and I hope to learn from you as much as my little brain can:)

P.S. Sorry if sometimes my english is incorrect, I'm still learning it, any corrections will be much appreciated.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Meissa. It sounds like you've got some impressive equipment there. Lets hope we get clear skies to do them justice.

Your English seems pretty good to me. I've certainly seen a lot worse.

Best of luck

Jason

Aww, thanks for such a warm welcome! Well, I don't know about you guys, but I did not have a clear night in 3 weeks now! Going crazy not having a chance to play :clouds1:

Lol, that's ok Steve :) Yes, does look better next week. I am so dissapointed with BBC forecast, last night it showed clear, got up at 2am and guess what?! Cloudy, not even a gap to squeeze binos into :D

Hi Dovile and welcome to SGL. that is an impressive set up with your scopes, just a shame you will not have the skies of your childhood home in Lithuania to go with them, enjoy your Astronomy :)

Hi Dovile welcome to the lounge,

the weather here in the Northwest is and has been

terrible for quite some time, so frustrating.

Great kit by the way.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hello Meissa, welcome to SGL.

.....I did not have a clear night in 3 weeks now! Going crazy not having a chance to play :clouds1:

I know I is one of the downsides I found as well since I started. The weather forecast is now a top hit and number 1 in the charts as my most watched programme on TV, it has become an obsession :eek:

Archived