Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ioptron SmartEQ Pro stellarium control

edjrgibbs

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get a mount control cable in the UK for a SmartEQ pro? I think I need the RS232 - RJ9 cable (http://www.ioptron.com/index.cfm?select=productdetails&phid=f2c9e23a-f790-4f63-b27d-ee091e795084) but I'm struggling to find it anywhere in the UK... If all else fails I can attempt to cut and crimp an existing skywatcher one but I'd prefer to buy something that I know will work.

Thanks

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

This is driving me nuts. Basically can't find it for sale in the UK. You can order it from IOptron for a measly $25 and a very "reasonable" $95 postage fee!!! £80 for a basic cable seems rather a lot. No reply from Altair or Astronomiser. I also bought a crimping tool, set of 4 pin heads and a serial to RJ45 that I have attempted to mod 5 times with no success... I can't really understand why these wouldn't be available to buy in the UK. But then I can't also understand why they are provided as standard will all other IOptron mounts except the SmartEQ pro.

I would of thought that any of the registered uk retailers listed on the US site should be able to order one for you. I wouldn't advise poking wires in to any combination in a bid to see if you strike lucky.. you may damage something

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't have any luck with Altair so contacted all suppliers on the IOptron website (cheers Malcolm, great shout!) and Lee at Green Witch managed to sort me out with one for £23 delivered. Excellent service as always from him. All now setup with stellariumscope and stellarium.

Archived