SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 9

Hello folks,

We now have the date for our next Star Party, we are going for Friday 9th August till Monday 12th August. I feel as if I abandoned you at our last get together, I hardly seen you all. These dates coincide with a week off work so I can give our Star Party 100%.

We will keep the same format, it seems to work. We can all chip in food wise, I can do bacon butties for breakfast and we will have tea and coffee on tap.

Even though I did not spend much time with you all, I think using the stables as our communal area worked better - do you? If we all agree, we can use the stables again. If you have any suggestions on how we can better our get together let me know.

For anyone who has not attended a Cumbria Star Party, we charge £10 per night, per person, which includes a morning bacon buttie, a constant supply of tea and coffee and an excellent sky. We camp in my field which is nice and flat, we set up the tents in a way where your car is parked alongside your tent. We have an electricity supply for charging etc.

The most important element of our Csp's is the company, Everyone who has left me feedback from previous star parties we have held, have said how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and how helpful everyone has been.

Look forward to seeing you in August,

Clear Skies

Nina

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in Nina.

I will probably turn up on the Thursday, if that's ok.

Can't wait.

I will now go shopping for my star party supplies ( i.e.a different Malt).

Did I leave my whisky glasses there, last time, again?

All the Best.

Hi,

The Cumbria Star Party is held at Longtown. About three fields south of Scotland!!

It is very friendly. We normally do shared meals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights if people are staying

Nina no doubt will private message you the address.

Trust you can make it.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi everyone,

Yes Phil, I am sure your whiskey glasses are here, safe and sound. Excellent news that you are coming over Phil, Mike, Kenny and Tom, yes Kenny get your dates righ, It is normally myself who makes blunders like that. Moriniboy of course, please do. You will have a cracking time. Jase I will send you a pm with our address, pleased you can make it.

I promise to be more organised this time, really looking forward to it, and I will be off work, whoop whoop.

Speak to you all soon

Nina

Xx

Hi Everyone,

Pleased you can make it PolarBear, I am sure you will enjoy. Have a great holiday Jonathan, hopefully we will see you at the next one. Joe and Dark energy, as soon as the next Csp has been given a date we will let you know.

I have been checking out the weather and it looks as if it is going to be a good for us.

Speak to you all soon,

Nina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy , thats great news, it will be lovely to catchup with you and Sandra, i will return your cake box from the Scottish Obs trip,as usual Sandra`s goodies were appreciated.

Sandra says thanks and presumes you would like it refilled :)

Hi everyone,

So pleased to see you are both coming over Andy. Looking forward to seeing you both, it has been such a long time.

Wont be long now till our little get together, you will be pleased to hear I am getting organised already, so I am super prepared, and our grass has been cut, rolled and taken away. We do still have sheep though, but they are banished to the back field.

See you all soon, Nina xxx

Archived