SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade lx 200 eq mount.

Pier plate

I have just finished making a pier plate for the scope which will be used in alt/az mode at first, are there any other holes to be drilled in the plate when i decide to fit a wedge on it for EQ mode, or am i ok to concrete the plate into the pier as is.

Anyone with experience on this would be very helpful.

The centre bolt should be fine on it's own to hold the wedge & scope.

There's also three other smaller bolt holes around the outer edge of some wedges (not sure which ones) which can also be used to secure the wedge. I personally think that your 10" (looking at your sig) should be fine with just the centre bolt. A 14" etc is another story but is alot heavier than the 10".

The centre bolt should be fine on it's own to hold the wedge & scope.

There's also three other smaller bolt holes around the outer edge of some wedges (not sure which ones) which can also be used to secure the wedge. I personally think that your 10" (looking at your sig) should be fine with just the centre bolt. A 14" etc is another story but is alot heavier than the 10".

thx

Archived